What to Expect at Your First Visit
Your first visit is an Initial Evaluation, which is a comprehensive, individualized assessment. Your therapist will a listen to your concerns about your specific condition and will thoroughly examine you for problems with flexibility, strength, joint mobility, and movement. Your therapist will focus on how you use your body at work, home, and play.
Personalized Plan of Care
Once your assessment is complete, your therapist will develop a Plan of Care designed for your specific problems and goals. This plan may include:
- Treatment to decrease pain and restore mobility
- Manual therapy techniques to improve mobility of joints and soft tissues
- Specific strengthening and/or flexibility exercise
- Education about care of your body and training on a Home Exercise Program
- Modalities, such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat, or ice
During each of your followup visits, your therapist will progress you through your Plan of Care and make adjustments as needed. Your therapist will periodically conduct progress evaluations to measure your progress toward goals.